How it Started ( The AMG SHTCI Experience)

It was back in February that my Uncle told me about a school that offers a scholarship for underprivileged youth( yah yah alam ko na hindi na youth ang 24 ^o^). Without hesitation I asked him where it is and how I could get there. I was so eager to earn a college degree, after hopping from one work to another I’m wary of how hard it was to get a stable and high-paying job.

I was surprised to hear the details about the school; students are not allowed to go home except for holidays, so meaning we would actually stay there for good. Courting and Cell phones are not allowed(bah who cares I can live without them). But what really surprised me was the fact that the school was run by Christians. The last info forced me to react. "What?!" Although he told me that it was a non-sectarian school, just thinking that I would actually pray and read the bible got into my nerves. I’m not really a religious person and I do admit back then my relationship with God was very cold. But I’ve decided to take the exam. I know I’ll pass but the question in my mind was; “Will I really take this scholarship seriously?”

After the exam the registrar called me, so I went into the room and sat in front of her, beside her was a beautiful lady in her later 20’s. They asked me a couple of questions and afterward they told me I’ll just receive a confirmation through text. I went home later that day with random thoughts on my mind. I’m not really thinking of going to that school. I just did it for me to have a safety blanket that would catch me if all my plans fail. Well I actually thought that I won’t really need to go there but things wont really go the way we planned them to be. And sometimes the least favored choice was the best one. To cut it short I went to that school, took up I.T and finally the questions I’ve been keeping most of my life were answered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment